Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's someone's special day!!

Well I'm going to do my first "birthday post." My sister-in-law Lori is the master of "birthday posts" - I love it when she does them. I am definitely not suggesting that I'll be posting every time a birthday comes along, but this birthday is extra special ... cuz it's my mom's!
My mom is one of my very favorite people and the best mom and friend I could ever ask for. I love talking to her and can't go more than a few days without hearing her voice! I also love hanging out with her and am so excited she is coming to see me in a couple of weeks! Let me share just a little bit about her with you ... My mom is a total nature/outdoors lover. She loves fresh air, trees, streams, and mountains, and isn't afraid to get dirty. I love that many of my childhood/adolescent memories are of hikes and outdoor adventures. Although I love nature too, I am a complete disgrace to outdoor adventurers compared to my mom (my fear of spiders and non-love of camping definitely did not come from her). Oh well.
My mom and I love to travel!! We have had so so many fun travel adventures together, starting with Amsterdam and continuing on to the Swiss Alps, Paris, San Francisco, Italy, etc. I am so grateful to have such fun and amazing memories of good times with my mom in such incredible places. (Thanks for sending us, Dad!) I told you she was an adventurer!
This is just a funny picture (taken in London) that represents the fact that my mom is pretty funny. A lot of times I fail to laugh at her "jokes" but other times I just can't stop. I admire the fact that she can laugh at herself. Another thing about my mom (sorry I don't have a picture for this) is that she really knows how to celebrate holidays. I love the fact that she goes all out for holidays every single year, and my friends can all attest to this based on all the spooky Halloween dinners they got to attend. She has so many fun traditions that have become a part of me that I can't wait to pass on to my own children. I just hope I can come close to being the kind of mom she is!
My mom is a happy, smart, determined and giving person ... I don't know anyone who doesn't just love her! So there you go! Mom and Dad, I hope you get to do something fun to celebrate Mom's birthday tomorrow! Love you lots.

4 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

I love your mom too! Happy birthday to her. You are lucky she is really great.

The Long Family said...

You have a cute mom! At 27 years old, I still need my mom, still love to hear her voice and hang out with her! I am glad you have such a good one too! And yes, I am a Lewis too!

Nate and Lori said...

since I have officially retired from the birthday posts, you can take them over! You did a great job. The great thing is that your mom looks like your sister. You guys are both so stinkin cute!

Christie said...

Thanks Lindsey! That made me feel good on my happy birthday. I love YOU and the fact that you love ME!