Or I think I'm going to SNAP!! For two lovely years I had absolutely no complaints about living in our townhouse. We never heard a peep out of our neighbors, and our neighbors never heard us. Then one day one of them moved away and this Africian family with four (mostly teenage) children moved in. They each weigh in at about 300 pounds. But having to listen to them constantly stomp around like elephants is the least of our worries! They also talk and yell like there's no one for miles around ... or if there is like they want everyone to hear them. Needless to say, this substantially interferes with my evening studying and my Saturday morning sleeping. I mean I had no idea anyone could talk/scream/yell THAT LOUD. Sometimes we try to pound on the wall (or even yell) back at them but so far that hasn't been too effective. Yes, we have thought about going over there but it seems like that would turn a non-relationship into a very negative relationship. And frankly I'm also slightly terrified (I mean you should just hear the temper of the football player son). Thoughts??
13 years ago




8 comments:
Unless you go and talk to them directly (nicely the first time), nothing will change.
I'm backing you up on this one Linds. I have witnessed the yelling and craziness personally! Just think...in only a year and 4 months you could be living in a place where you don't share walls!!!
Oh man. I would be so mad!! We had a crazy man live upstairs in our old condo. Always drunk, always swearing at people walking by. His car alarm was right outside our window and it went off if you even drove or walked past. We tried to just ignore him. Mostly because he was crazy and talking to him wouldn't change anything. I say you talk to them and then call the police if that doesn't work. Is there a landlord you could talk to? I would do that first. Or like a homeowners president?
Call me passive aggressive but if you ask them to be quiet 1st, you've totally blown your cover. See, cause then if you DO have to call the police, they know it's you who called. So I say, have a bunch of kids really quick and let them run wild. Worked for us!
I feel ya Linds. Our downstairs neighbors are SO LOUD with their video games! They must have some huge speakers cause their base shakes our floors and furniture. And what's worse is one time Carter was crying during the night and we heard them come out their door, up our stairs and knock on our door!! I mean if they were nice quiet neighbors, I'd understand but oh my gosh! We've asked them to turn it down once and they were really nice about it but I'm sure they hate us now. And since then, I think they've turned it up louder than before!
I feel your pain! Up until about 2 months ago, we had a ravens player living right above us. I swear he never slept - and neither did we because he was so biffing loud. he would lift weights at all hours of the night/morning and drop his barbell onto his bedroom floor. We never approached him - we just called and reported him to Home Properties. It didn't do any good - sorry I don't have any good advice but good luck maintaining your sanity!
Your blog is super cute! You two look like you are very successful :) I always knew you would be. It is great to hear from you! Long time no see. I love seeing old faces again. I hope your apartment situation gets worked out :) Talk to you soon!
Yikes to noisy neighbors! You poor girl. We're really lucky with the neighbors on either side of us. I'm sure the old lady with a cane below us doesn't feel quite as blessed since we have an 80 pound dog! I'd maybe put on a smile and bring "welcome to the neighborhood" brownies to their door so at least they can see who you are and feel some type of guilt for being annoying and loud.
Post a Comment