Sunday, February 17, 2008

WE LOVE SUSHI

Ummm it is just so yummy!! On Friday Joe and I enjoyed a fun date night to celebrate Valentines and our engagement anniversary ... we tried a sushi place in Columbia that I heard about from a law school friend who said he was a 'sushi snob' and this place is the best he had been to in Maryland. I was looking forward to it SO much for the day and half since I decided to go there (and Joe agreed). It totally did not let us down! I have been a sushi fan since my dad started taking me out for sushi a number of years ago (near the end of high school maybe?) and Joe has also loved it since I introduced him to sushi on our honeymoon (Durango actually has some amazing sushi!). It's the BEST!!
We chose 4 specialty rolls and they were all incredible. This one is the Samurai and I think it was my favorite ... shrimp tempura, tuna, salmon, and spicy sauce.
This gives you an idea of the assortment. It makes me laugh that I actually took a picture of this ... I would never have done so if I weren't planning on blogging about it later. We tried to be discreet about it so we wouldn't look like dorks.
Well what a treat for us! Since we pretty much only go out if we have a gift card or a buy one get one free coupon, this was a fun splurge. But it was so delicious and made me feel like we had done something a little bit special and out of the ordinary, which is the whole point, right?

6 comments:

Joe, D.D.S. said...

So not only do I feel like a walking Zombie, I look like one as well. I have to say that the sushi woke me up though. I also must add that yes I do love sushi, but I make Lindsey order it because all those words on the menu mean nothing to me.

Tristina said...

I am so jealous - I can't eat sushi and I miss it so much! We will have to go try the place you went to after Caelen is born!

The Long Family said...

Where is this place? Nick LOVES sushi!! I will need to get the details from you!

Kirsten Krason said...

Okay so don't be mad but I have never had sushi! Never. I just can't bring myself to eat it. It's so expensive too! Maybe I will try it one day just for you.

Nate and Lori said...

I was totally thinking that Joe looked extremely tired. Poor Joe, go to bed. It looks really fun. I might even have to give sushi another try. I had it once year ago but was kind of like, ehh, I could take it or leave it.

And I have to laugh that you are an official dorky blogger who takes pictures. And you used to laugh at me...

Liz said...

That looks so so good. At no surprise to you your brother intorduced me to sushi (he could eat it for every meal, every day). And though is extremly rare that we eat it, I do love it!