Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's our engagement anniversary!!

Yes, it's true. Three years ago today my Joey proposed to me!! I'm not sure if everyone celebrates their 'engagement anniversary,' but it was such a wonderful day, how could you not? It's kind of nice that it is close to Valentines (not on Valtentines, that would be cheesy) so that we have two reasons to celebrate ... that way we're sure to actually do something special. Plus I love that it is on the 12th because that's my number! Here we are when Joe picked me up for our date. I just look happy but you can see Joe has a little bit of mischievousness in his eyes ... Although we had the ring picked out already (I insisted on choosing it myself), Joe had me convinced that it wasn't ready yet so I totally wasn't expecting anything. He also got me to kind of plan out the date so I wouldn't be suspicious ... I had been wanting to "redo" our first date so that's what we did.
Our first date was with a big group - go cart racing at Nascart and then dinner at The Pie in SLC. It was so fun to redo it just us ... and to think about the past year and a half of falling in love. On our first date, Joe got first place in the go-carts and I got last. I don't know how it happened, I was flying! Anyway, after dinner we went up to Sundance and walked around. It was so beautiful and Joe was being so sweet and I was thinking to myself "I can't believe he doesn't have the ring yet, this is a perfect time to propose - it's never going to get any better!" I still was convinced it wasn't going to happen, though ... until he told me he lied to me about something and then I knew! Anyway, it was such an exciting and perfect night. Great job, Joe!! I love you!

5 comments:

AJ said...

We're offended now. There is nothing cheesy about important events on that day since we got MARRIED on Valentine's Day! Long story short but it is not because we are hopeless romantics. Just happened to be the best date at the time.

Becky said...

Awwww, you guys are so cute. So I clicked on the picture of you on the racetrack and it's funny cause I can tell that you're smiling but all I can see is your eyes. Love the helmet! Safety first.

Kristen said...

Happy Engagement Anniversary a day late.

Nate and Lori said...

SO when do we get to go out to dinner with you guys since we let you guys go out with us on our Engagement Anniversary?? I love the pictures. I remember how excited we all were when you guys called us on speaker phone and Joe tried to pretend like he was calling because he got into NC, but really you were announcing the engagement. So fun!

Christie said...

I will always, of course, remember when you came to our house...late, late, late to tell us. We teased you two that even with the lights out we could have seen plenty...because you were just RADIATING! Love you both, MOM