
Well I know Christmas isn't all about the gifts by any means, but I think it is such a fun way to show each other your love and thoughtfulness! I love the shopping (most of it anyway), wrapping, and opening. We open all the gifts from family members on Christmas Eve and it is such a cozy, special evening. This year the tree seemed packed with presents ... but that is just because our family has grown! And who doesn't want to spoil their nieces/ daughters/ granddaughters? This was also my first Christmas spent at my parents' new house ... luckily it seemed totally homey and I didn't miss our old house
too much.

My big gift from Joe was ... a new camera! It is a sweet one and has been working out great so far ... though I still have tons to learn about it. It was a total surprise, though in retrospect maybe it shouldn't have been. He never ceases to keep me guessing!

I thought Joe's wrapping job on this gift was so cute ... look at the little tree - so crafty! I am training him well. :)

My main gift to Joe was a Leatherman! He dropped plenty of hints about how much he wanted it ... I guess he didn't trust me to pick up on subtle hints even though I had gotten it before the last round of hint-dropping. I think I am finally learning what he really likes for gifts - anything really manly like camping stuff, tools, and sports gear. I can't wait until we have the money for me to bring him home some huge scary power tool.

Here is sweet little Tyler in the Snow White dress I gave her! When my brother (her dad) was growing up, I was the little sister who lived in her Snow White dress for several years (well, several dresses - they got worn out). Tyler loved it - isn't she beautiful?

Tyler and sister Kai enjoying a gift from Santa.

Look - I got quadruple gifted! I had just gotten a new green iPod for my birthday and was in major need of some accessories. Funny enough, my brother and sister-in-law, husband, and parents all had the same idea to help me out with that. These 4 cute covers are worth almost as much as the iPod itself! I loved them all, but returned a couple and exchanged them for some other Christmas goodies.
6 comments:
Wow! Kudos to Joe. First of all, a surprise camera -Well done! And secondly, creative wrapping?! Gosh, I'm lucky if Andy even wraps the thing! Unless you count winding it up in the the plastic bag it came in, wrapping. tee hee hee
Glad you had a great Christmas! Welcome back to reality. Boo.
Lindsey! you're so pretty, I feel like I haven't seen you in a million years! I'm glad I at least got to talk to you a few weeks ago. I love your blog and I'm so excited to be blog buddies
Congrats to starting a blog! It is so much fun. Yay for a Christmas at home with your family! I love your baby niece's name Bella! Yes, your cute blog background is to die for!
Lindsey...you are already so popular!!! But I have some bad news...the picture is showing up small on my computer. Don't freak out yet though, we will make you a custom banner very soon!
Ok, now I refresehed it and it showed up big...I think it is posessed!
Congrats on the new blog, it's fantastic! I love the background paper! It was so fun to hang out a bit when you were out here, shame on Nate for not bringing you the ribs, when I'm in MD we will have to make them! I hope you're enjoying your week of cleaning your house, keep in touch!
Post a Comment