Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas in Utah!

This year Joe and I were lucky enough to spend Christmas in Orem with my entire family together! It had been two years since we had all been together so it was so so exciting. Also, since last year we were in Chile for Christmas (amazing!) it had been a while since I had enjoyed my favorite Christmas traditions so I was super psyched. This picture is missing some of us ... but it was taken after an exciting round of "Cosmic Catch." Sweet game!
Here we are at breakfast Christmas morning. We had a delicious spread of german pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream, homemade cinnamon roles, eggs benedict, sausage, hashbrowns, you name it! It was awesome. At home, even if Joe and I do manage to cook something yummy once in a blue moon, it is likely only one or two things. With family, you get the whole shebang! A few hours after breakfast, my sister-in-law led us through a grueling hour of aerobics class! My legs were feeling it for days.

One of the BEST things about Christmas was getting to see my three beautiful nieces! This is Bella, my newest niece. She is so so cute!! I could hardly believe it.

And here is Kai ... the cutest 1 year old in the whole world. I couldn't believe that the first time I met her we were celebrating her first birthday! She has the most beautiful eyes and the happiest little personality! Plus LOTS of energy.
This is my 3 year old niece Tyler! She is the sweetest ... she lives far away in Washington and I am so sad I am not around to see her grow up! I know not everyone blogs so much about their nieces, but that is what you do when you don't have children of your own!
Besides having fun with my nieces, it was wonderful to see my beautiful 15 year old sister, my 3 awesome brothers, my 2 wonderful sisters-in-law, my mom and dad, and everyone else! My parents were pretty thrilled to have us all there and made everything wonderful. We played games and talked and laughed into the early morning hours. That may have contributed to me getting sick near the end of the trip, but it was worth it.

3 comments:

Summer said...

Yahoo! Let me be the first to welcome you to the wonderful world of blogging. :) And yes, I love your background!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. We have two more days here in Texas before we fly home after being here 2 1/2 weeks! It's been so nice to be here, in warmer weather with lots of babysitters on hand. :) I'm so glad you're now a fellow blogging buddy.

Nate and Lori said...

All of that food sounds soooo good! I don't think I could do aerobis fter eating that. Anyways, I am so excited you have a blog!!!

Liz said...

OK, so you do have a cute blog and after some convincing from my friends I have started one for us too. You will have to check it out. I dont have much time to post, but I will update now and again. It was so fun to spend time together over Christmas and I look forward to the next time we can all be together again!