This is the last of the holiday posts - so sad! Joe is already back in school, and in one day I will be, too. I am excited about my new classes but am not so excited about the pace of life and stress that law school entails. Joe is always pleading with me to lighten up a little one of these days. It is definitely a goal of mine, so we will hope for the best as far as that goes! Anyway, I wanted to post a few more pictures from our Arizona trip! We had a great time ... as always. One tradition was missing, though ... no shopping at Last Chance (crazy store where you can find all of Nordstrom's returns). Every time I have gone to Arizona I have gone to Last Chance with Joe's sisters ... shopping is one of the few ways Joe has successfully convinced me that AZ isn't so bad after all. Last Chance is a little overwhelming for me (obviously not a true bargain shopper) but lots of fun. This time I decided I didn't really need anything and shouldn't spend any more money. The week was pretty packed anyway, with fun things such as ...
A caramel apple party!! As you can see, Joe's sister Michelle and I were pretty excited about it. We went all out on the toppings - caramel, chocolate, white chocolate, crushed m&ms, heath bar, peanuts ... are you hungry yet??
You kinda had to eat them fast ... cuz we never quite figured out how to get them to set very well. It wasn't too much of a problem because they were so yummy! Crisp apples are one of my favorite foods, and who wouldn't want to add a little pizzazz?

Also, we had to make some visits to our favorite eating joints that we don't have back East. Cafe Rio and/or Costa Vida (Cafe Rio is slightly better but I'm always up for either) is at the TOP of the list. Jamba Juice is also on the list ... although we have been there in NY, just not Baltimore. By the way, my first job as a 16 yr old was at Jamba Juice! Joe thinks I should make him amazing smoothies but so far I haven't tried.
On our last night there the whole family went out for pizza and wings. The Dastrups are definitely wing lovers ... all the wings were gone way before the pizza. Also, they all were eating the topping part of the pizza and leaving the crust to "save room" for the good stuff. Well, I thought the crust was the good stuff so I started scavenging crusts.
Dastrup sisters minus one (Franchesca wasn't in the mood for a picture) and plus the favorite (so far, only) sister-in-law ... me!!
This girl totally steals the show ... can you believe how adorable Eva is? Then the leg goes up totally on her own ... so I had to snap another one!
A caramel apple party!! As you can see, Joe's sister Michelle and I were pretty excited about it. We went all out on the toppings - caramel, chocolate, white chocolate, crushed m&ms, heath bar, peanuts ... are you hungry yet??
You kinda had to eat them fast ... cuz we never quite figured out how to get them to set very well. It wasn't too much of a problem because they were so yummy! Crisp apples are one of my favorite foods, and who wouldn't want to add a little pizzazz?
Also, we had to make some visits to our favorite eating joints that we don't have back East. Cafe Rio and/or Costa Vida (Cafe Rio is slightly better but I'm always up for either) is at the TOP of the list. Jamba Juice is also on the list ... although we have been there in NY, just not Baltimore. By the way, my first job as a 16 yr old was at Jamba Juice! Joe thinks I should make him amazing smoothies but so far I haven't tried.
On our last night there the whole family went out for pizza and wings. The Dastrups are definitely wing lovers ... all the wings were gone way before the pizza. Also, they all were eating the topping part of the pizza and leaving the crust to "save room" for the good stuff. Well, I thought the crust was the good stuff so I started scavenging crusts.
Dastrup sisters minus one (Franchesca wasn't in the mood for a picture) and plus the favorite (so far, only) sister-in-law ... me!!
This girl totally steals the show ... can you believe how adorable Eva is? Then the leg goes up totally on her own ... so I had to snap another one!


8 comments:
I am soooo bummed that I missed out on those apples. Maybe we can do it out here sometime. You really should have gone to Last Chance though...nobody ever goes there needing things but you realize once your there just how many things you can not live without. I love that store!
Sure looks like you had a great time in Arizona. I continue to be so grateful that you have such a great in-law family Lindsey. I hope Joe feels good about us too! Love you both! And I haven't figured out the secret to caramel apples that don't drip everywhere either. If anyone does, please share the info!
Yay!! You have a blog! I'm so excited...not that I ever post on mine anymore...I keep meaning to. Yours is soooo cute! Isn't it fun? I am barely able to keep my eyes open today (yesterday was worse!) but I'm almost recovered from crazy music video week. Let's ichat tonight and catch up, eh?
lv,
Maria
Lindsey!!!!! I am so excited you started a blog! And you are quite the blogger! I love all of your posts! I am so sad I didn't get to see you while we were both in AZ. We will have to plan something next time we are in the same state ;)You look SOOOO stinkin' CUTE! I LOVE your hair, it is beautiful!!! I hope things are going well! I miss you!!! Love your buns!!!
Hi Lindsey-
I'm an old friend of Joe's and wanted to say Hi! We grew up together, so it's fun to see pics of his/your family. We live in KC now and I love it, but I miss Jamba juice& Last Chance too. There is nothing like it.
Sounds like you guys are doing great. I'm so impressed that you are in law school, that's awesome. I thought about that once, but realized I just like to argue, not study! Way to go Joe, on dental school. Glad to see that life is treating ya well!
Okay Linds. I'm waiting for some blog news about law school...your new classes...a picture of the school...which one you like and why. ...at least a good explanation as to why you won't be blogging much now that your one week of vacation is over.
UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIndsey...how did you change the background...I'm experimenting with the 'look' of my blog...but can't figure that out! Looking forward to more news!
Post a Comment