Thursday, June 3, 2010

Strawberries :)

Last year we missed strawberry picking since we were living it up in Cancun on our graduation trip. Well, nothing quite so exciting was going on this year so there was no way I was going to pass it up! Hanging out in a strawberry patch all afternoon eating as many strawberries as I possibly can = heaven. (I was also dreaming about putting them on some waffles and crepes with whipped cream ... which I did later and it was also heavenly.) Little Reese was in heaven with the strawberries for a while, too! And then she wasn't. But Nate & Lori probably didn't want to be feeding her strawberries the entire time anyway. :)
Maxbug was a gem like usual thanks to the baby bjorn. Love that thing!
Joe of course acts like he does this all for me but I'm pretty sure he enjoyed himself as well. We just love to tease Max ... what mean parents!
After the picking we had a little fun at the petting zoo. We'd never gone to that part of the farm before since it's for "kids." Max is still a baby, not yet a "kid," but I think he had fun. Trying to grab a goat by the horns ....
And making friends with a little lamb.
Maryland is gorgeous. I'm going to miss it.

Fortunately cherry picking is just a couple weeks away. I'm soooooooo stoked.

7 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

Uhmmmm Send me the pics pronto, and while you're at it, send me the pics from Jade's rehearsal dinner thingy.

Why do you have to move? What the heck are we supposed to do without you guys? And why didn't we take a pic of the 2 babes in the strawberry patch? What were we thinking?

adventure knitter said...

do you guys know where you're moving to??? you need to come visit us before you take off...we'll have a new baby here before we know it.

Mitchell Madness...or lack there of :) said...

Love it! Wish we had a strawberry patch here to visit!

Christie said...

Yum...yep, every part of the country has it's wonderful and unique qualities. I'm grateful you've had this time.

Unknown said...

Great pictures! We went on Friday and the guy told us that only kids could eat in the field. Bummer. I had gone with an empty tummy hoping to fill up! Max is such a cutie. It's so great that he and Reese get to have these adventures together. Lucky ducks!

Deborah said...

Last year, I was tempted to put Liam on the scale when I was purchasing my strawberries. He ate so many of them in the field.

Unknown said...

I know! I was so bummed! I wonder if they were running out and so they created that rule. We went Thursday and I'm guessing you went before that. Or maybe it was just the particular guy that was watching the field. I popped one in my mouth on the tractor ride back to the barn and the driver winked at me in the rear-view mirror (we were in the first row) so it made me wonder if it depends on the worker.

I'm glad you were there on a snacking day!