Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Our 4 month old :)

Despite what it looks like, we do more around here than simply watch Max get older. This past month Max and I went on a two week trip involving 3 states and 4 flights (Joe was with us about half the time). Then we came home and started to think about getting ready to move in a few weeks. Given how stressful it is just to think about it, I'm guessing actually doing it is going to be a whole lot of fun.

Still, the one thing that continues to consume our lives is our little Max man. It can be slightly frustrating once in a while, but overall we couldn't be happier about it. How can I put it into words?? The kid is awesome. He loves life and we think he loves us. And we seriously love him to pieces. It's just .... wow.

Anyway, today Max had his 4 month check up (closer to 4.5 months actually). And we learned that Max is now:

15 lbs, 3 oz (50-75% ..... or 43rd from my trusty internet source) Same as before.
25.5 inches (50-75% ..... or 58th) Either the doc was generous or he has really grown!
43 cm head circum. (50-757% ..... or 59th) Right on track from before.

Okay, so what else is Max up to these days?

* Rolling in all directions! He finally figured out the back to stomach roll last week and seems pretty pleased. I can't believe how far he gets just by rolling and rotating around.
* Grabbing everything and shoving it in his mouth. He has made real progress here ... finding his target instead of just banging himself in the face.
* Still loving to blow spit bubbles everywhere, especially in mom's face.
* Still spitting up a lot.
* Drooling.
* Gnawing on and mutilating things to the best of his ability, especially hands and fingers.
* Making lots of adorable sounds ... and lots that aren't.
* Smiling a lot, but he's still not a super smiley guy.
* Giggling, especially when we chomp on his cheeks. ADORABLE.
* Loving his walks and just being outside or anywhere with new things to see.
* Taking better naps sometimes, but not consistently.
* Waking up at least twice a night to eat.

Max is just full of energy ... he kicks his legs furiously and squeals with delight as soon as we go get him in the morning. We think he's a nut. But in a good way. Kind of. Check him out! (Pictures were taken in Utah by my mom 1 day before his 4 month birthday.)

Seriously, who is this kid?? How is he so dang cute?!
We didn't put Max in the flowers, I promise. He rolled there on his own and it was too cute to pass up.
I like this one cuz it's a funny little face that Max makes once in a while.
And the rest are of me and my boy. I just love playing with him and could do it all day long. Oh wait, that's what I do.









Oh it is great to have a baby boy. Maxbug you're maxnificent!

10 comments:

Joe, D.D.S. said...

That is one sweet kid. Hard to believe we made him.

Tristina said...

He is oh, so adorable! I love the pictures of you both. You look amazing :-)

I want to hear more about the move. We need to catch up. I will be at girls camp next week- eeekkk! I will call you when I get back.

xoxo

Nate and Lori said...

OMG those pictures are so cute! I love his baseball cap and all of his cute little faces. And really Max, 15lbs already? Way to Go!

As far as your comment about the petting zoo not being fun enough for its own post...I agree, yet I have to think about the layout of my blogbook now and just didn't want to mix the two posts together.

Clark and Liesel said...

Love the pics of you and Max. How precious!! He sure is a cutie pie.

Steph, Bryce, Andie, Bree, and Zoe said...

Way cute pictures! Sounds like he is growing well... keep up the good work!

Rachel said...

Are you guys moving to Littleton??

Max is darling. I love his belt. And you are so skinny--it's not fair. But really, you look great.

meesh said...

Ahh! He looks so much more grown-up even just since the wedding! And probably is the most photogenic baby boy in the world. Seriously, I love that face in the first picture where he looks like this little man! He totally reminds me of Joe for some reason (not that joe is a little man haha). I can't wait to see you guys in July in Utah, wooooo! love you guys! :]

scarlett said...

MAX!!!!! By far the cutest baby boy I have ever seen! Will you ever get sick of me saying so? I love the pics. I can't wait to see you guys again! Where are you moving to????

Christie said...

I just love little 'Toughie'. Can hardly wait until he lives closer to his Grosi and Grosivati!

Sheryl said...

Oh he is so cute...Savannah will have to give him another shot at being friends. Maybe when she's not hungry. The pictures of you two are so adorable!