Saturday, June 26, 2010

5 months :)

Today is Max's 5 month birthday. I'm not sure why I feel compelled to blog about each month of my child's life, but I do. At least I'm not the only one! I guess if nothing else it will be fun to look back when I have more kids and compare what they were up to and when and to remind myself of what to expect. Right?

I actually took these pictures a few days ago but they are adorable - I had to post them. And things are getting crazier around here by the day since we'll be heading out of here soon so if I don't do it now it may never happen!

This is the love of my life (well, one of them):



It has been too hot for walks lately which makes me sad because Max loves his walks! So we still do a short one or just spend a little time outside in the shade. I guess I could do them at 7 am but seeing as I basically feel like I've been hit by a truck at that hour I don't think it would go so well.
So here are a few things I want to remember about 5 month old Max:
- Sitting up! He's definitely not an expert at it yet but can do it for a little bit.
- Loving all his toys, especially the jumperoo (thanks google, for helping me out on the name) he is borrowing from Reese. Seems to like things that make music. Chews/sucks on everything.
- Much too cranky/whiny during the day. Why Max??
- Smiling more, still giggling only a little.
- Still eating twice during the night.
- Usually takes 3 naps a day, and usually 2 of them are over an hour.
- Still is a very strong and active baby, already wiggling away during diaper changes so we practically get into a wrestling match. I can't imagine what this kid will be like when he can crawl!
Happy 5 month birthday to my Maxbug!! Dang it I forgot to sing. :(

7 comments:

Burnhams said...

I think I love him

Shannon and Cameron said...

I must say I love your child. He is so cute!! We girls just turn into mama bloggers once we have our babies. How can you not though!!

Nate and Lori said...

You weren't kidding when you said that those pictures turned out great. He posed so perfectly! He definitely gets that from you. And I know the feeling of wanting to blog about every month milestone...obviously, since I do it,...but also because it is a big deal when you are a mom. And I love reading about Max and its going to become even more important when you guys move away from here. So there...now you're obligated to do it.

Unknown said...

I really wish I had done a monthly update for all my kids but I didn't blog (or really journal) when Alayna and Jacob were babies and it didn't cross my mind with James. I think you'll really treasure these posts one day and it's fun for me to read what all the little ones are doing. Max is so cute!!! I can't believe he's 5 months old already.

P.S. - I agree about the 7am walks - not happening here!!!

Treasure Valley Family said...

He is soo stink'n cute!! I agree he is perfect.

Clark and Liesel said...

Such a cute guy! He has grown up so much since we saw you guys last. I love the month milestone posts! Good luck with the move! Have you guys finalized a place where you guys are headed to?

Rachel said...

What a cutie!!

My dad asked yesterday if you guys are going to need to stay with him and when. You are more than welcome, if you want to. Just let me know approximate dates.

I will be in Utah and available on Saturday, July 10th...any chance you will be too?

xo