Friday, July 30, 2010

Goodbye

What a month! I don't even know where to start. Let's see .... Joe finished his residency at the end of June, and 1 week later we left our beautiful home behind and made the cross-country drive to Salt Lake City, with extended stops in Memphis, Denver, and Grand Junction to visit friends and do some interviewing (in Denver). More on that later!! Since trying to catch up on everything seems a little daunting at this point, here are a few very sad pictures to get me started: Max and Reese on the day before D-day.

(Sorry I didn't get out all the red eye ... I hadn't planned on posting so many but then at the last minute decided Lori would want them.)

Gotta love the bug eyes.








Needless to say, these kids are as cute as they come. I am so sad that we had to move just as Max was starting to get more mobile and interactive ... he and Reese could have had some really good times. But, I am VERY glad that we got to live by each other for the past 3 years! After a couple of years on our own it was fun to have family around. First we got to bond as two of the very few couples we knew without kids, free as a bird to come and go as we pleased. ;) And then we got to go through the crazy/awesome experience of being pregnant and having babies! (Luckily I went second so Lori could empathize every step of the way.) Now we have these two little bugs in our lives and it's all about them now (in a good way!!!!!).
I'm so glad we got a few downtown B'more pictures before we took off. Thanks Lori.


Great picture, huh??
Oh, and it never hurts to have family around when you're moving so that there's someone to start throwing the remaining odds and ends into boxes (Joe and I are way too OCD to pack like that, which is why packing took us FOREVER) as well as someone willing to scrub your toilets and finish up the cleaning you just couldn't get to. Thank you again!!!! Can't wait to see you guys out West in a few weeks :)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You look beautiful! I love your dress and shoes!

Clark and Liesel said...

What cute pictures! I am glad you guys survived the drive across the country!

Tristina said...

Love the last picture! Can't wait to hear the details of where you guys are ending up. I have been thinking about you guys a lot - we miss you!

Nate and Lori said...

Ahh...that seems so long ago now. I love the cute little box pics of the kiddos. Hopefully we will see you guys this month while we are out here.

Sheryl said...

That last picture is my fav!