Friday, July 30, 2010

He's 6 months!

Can you believe Max is 6 months old??? Yeah. Me neither. I mean DANG, that is OLD!! We are so in love with and proud of the little bugger it's ridiculous. But that's just the life of a parent I guess. Especially when your kid is as cool as Max ... it's a little hard not to get caught up in it all. ;)

So I took Max to the doctor out in Utah yesterday, just a couple of days after his 6 month birthday, and the doctor said he is one of the busiest, most active 6 month olds she's ever seen. Yeah ... no kidding. I can't believe I am already chasing after him at this age! He is into everything, and if he wants it he will get it. He's just that determined, and he's also that strong. He's been "crawling" for a while now ... started with the army crawl and now he's got his feet into it. He gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth but doesn't yet take off from that position. Probably just a matter of days.

And with mobility comes injuries. Booo! Max has already had his share of head bumps, but luckily no black eyes yet. My parents have two steps that go up from the family room to the kitchen and this morning he had crawled halfway up the second step before we grabbed him to keep him from crashing down on the tile ... and then he did it several more times with supervision. Starting to climb stairs already? Are you kidding me??

(Update: about an hour after I posted this Max successfully climbed both stairs and started off across the kitchen. Oh DEAR.)

So here's where he's at:

17 lbs 2 oz (50th)
26 1/2 inches (50th)
44 cm head (50th)

People always think he seems big, but obviously he can't be that big! He's just SOLID. Here are just a couple of recent pictures ... I'll hopefully post some better 6 month shots later on.



Here's a little more about what Max has been up to:
* Started solids - oatmeal, butternut squah, sweet potato, and a little rice cereal. He did ok a first but the past few days he's been less and less interested - just leaving it on his tongue and starting to gag. Maybe we'll wait a few days and try again.
* Sitting much better - though he can still take a hard topple if he looks over his shoulder.
* Sleeping a little worse than when we left Maryland. For while he was up more than twice a night to eat, now it's back to two times. (A lot of times he does another wake up before 11 but we just let him cry for that one.) Naps are 3 times a day, but usually are just 30-60 mins.
* Still LOVES to be outside. He tries to eat the grass, leaves, and woodchips (well, anything, really).
* Loves to squawk at us and shower everything around him in spit.
* His hair is starting to really grow in ... turning him into Mohawk Max (Joe says it's almost time to start styling it).
Six month Max is just a riot and a handful. I never thought I could love him as much as I do. It's insane!!! And kind of funny to know that Joe and I are the only ones who feel quite this strongly about Max, but that other parents feel the same way about their own kids. What JOY.

Here are a couple of videos for your viewing pleasure!!

This one is funnyyyy.

Max shows off his crawling!

5 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

That brought make so many memories of Weston at 6 months. They grow so fast!! Your babe is so adorable!

Steph, Bryce, Andie, Bree, and Zoe said...

Wow, I can't believe how well he is moving! No wonder he has trouble sleeping... I would too, with all that energy :P

Nate and Lori said...

NO WAY!!! Max, you stop growing up right this instant! I do not want to miss all of this. I love his little army crawl. 6 months is such a fun age. They are changing practically everyday and its amazing how excited you get when they do something out of the blue that you didn't think they were capable of yet. His pictures are so cute and I love that his hair is starting to grow in. That callic is going to be crazy. Dont worry Max, uncle Nate has the same one.

Miss you guys more than a fat kid loves cake.

Bloom Family said...

Max is 6 months! crazy. He is sure cute and so determined! Those videos were cute. Hope you guys are doing well!!!

Katie Claire said...

Max your crawling is sooo impressive! I laughed that entire video.