12 lbs 3 oz (50-75%) (Internet: 43%)
22 1/2 inches (50%) (Internet: 15%)
41 cm head circum. (50-75%) (Internet: 59%)
As you can see, my Dr. doesn't give much info with the percentiles, so I do my own research. :) I guess Max might be a little on the short side, which makes sense since his clothes fit everywhere except in the legs, which are a little long. But we think he's perfect! Here are a few cute photos that Lori took to document the two-month mark.



With cousin Reese ... they are totally staring each other down.
Little half-smile from Max. Or maybe a grimace?
Love these looks ... to me it looks like they're saying "Come on, you can't seriously think I'm going to be friends with her [him]." Well, too bad, kiddos!!
And it always ends like this, doesn't it? Ah, for some reason it makes me smile ...* Rolling over from tummy to back
* Smiling - first real smile was at 6 weeks but he was pretty stingy with them. Now we are seeing more and more!
* Blowing lots of spit bubbles
* Starting to bat at toys, not grabbing yet
* Making lots of cute sounds
* Still crying a lot ... in fact just as much as he did at 6 weeks
* Sleeping worse than he did at 6 weeks
* "Standing" with someone to hold his hand for balance
* Spitting up like crazy some days
This little guy is a hoot and a hollar. I am still waiting for him to get "easier" ... it is almost as hopeless for me to get anything done besides taking care of him as it was when he was a newborn, although not quite (I have been known to get dinner on the table from time to time). But, playtime just gets more and more fun, which is pretty great. It is so exciting to watch him do things he couldn't do just a few days beforehand. I love it.
I guess I thought I would have this being-a-mom thing all figured out by the time he was 10 weeks, but ... not so much. With the constant changes, though, you never really get it down all the way, right? But at the same time, I think back to 10 weeks ago when we really didn't know what we were doing, and realize how far we've come. Things like diaper changes and baths which were such a big deal the first time are now second-nature. (I would like to add nursing to that list, but it really doesn't belong since he seems to forget how on a daily basis ... one of the problems might be that he thinks that he should be able to move his head all over the place while he looks around and have the milk come with him ... another might be that he is slow to realize you can't eat while you're screaming.) I'm really not trying to give Max a bad rap, though. Although he struggles with naps, when it's time to be awake he is typically so happy and fun. I LOVE his little sounds, and can't get enough of his smiles. Basically, I just love this boy and don't know what I'd do without him.



10 comments:
He's such a cutie! I'm pretty sure I started to feel like a normal person/have things in control at about 6 months. It takes FOREVER so I know how you feel!!!
He is just adorable. I think the best time for me were months 3,4 and 5. I remember just feeling so overwhelmed those first couple of months. Breast Feeding was a nightmare for me. Jett cried all the time. But now he is the best little baby and is so much fun. It goes by so fast!
I love those pics of Max! He is sure growing up fast! I know what you mean about having the hang of the wholy mommy thing by a certain time. I did the same thing. And then one day I woke up and I realized that I finally did have he hang of it! you are a great mom! He is lucky to have you
I don't think that anyone thinks that you are giving Max a bad rap. As all of these comments say, the first few months are incredibly difficult. You are such a good mom to Max and things are only going to get better and better.
Lindsey, he's so cute! I wish I could see him in person. I can't believe it's already been 10 weeks since he was born! Wow. You're such a cute mom!
The cousin pictures are so cute! You both have little heart-breakers on your hands. I love the scowls they give each other. :)
He's soooo cute! (Not that we have anything less in our family, but I felt it can't be said enough!) Obviously I don't have any advice in the Mom Department, but it sounds like you're doing a great job! Are you working at all? Or do you and Joe switch off? Love you guys!
My babies are 19,18 and 14 and I think I am finally getting the hang of this parenting thing! Sounds like things are normal and you adore him - perfect.
I don't know how you find the time to blog Lindsey. I don't even have kids and my blog is still stuck on Christmas.:) Your little Max is adorable. He definately has a Dastrup head. Reese better watch out, he might konk her sometime. The two of them are so cute together. IT's crazy how you girls have babies and I still feel like I'm not old enough.
Oh, I'm so grateful for your posts! Lori's posts make me super baby hungry, and your posts bring me back to reality: My babies scream nonstop for months! Hang in there! It's so hard. SO so so so hard! I just remember feeling like I loved my baby so much, but like I just couldn't handle it! The screaming! The poor baby so in pain and nothing you can do to help him! I don't get it...I really don't. But it does get better, tons and tons and tons better. It's the longest six months of your life! If you end up moving to AZ, we'll be there a lot to help you! Can't wait to meet him!
Post a Comment