Monday, January 25, 2010

Update

Well despite what my blog ticker says, I do not have a 1 week old baby! I know many of you are wondering how the little guy (born?? unborn?? what the heck?!?) and I are doing, and are trying (mostly successfully) not to harass me too much. So I thought I would provide a brief update!

My due date came and went last Monday, and by Thursday I still hadn't made any progress toward labor. This weekend, though, we had a couple "false alarms" and were convinced we'd be on our way to the hospital before too long - until the contractions stopped. When I saw my doctor this morning (now at 41 weeks), she said that based on the tests they did the baby is doing just fine, but she still recommended inducing me tomorrow morning. (I am still contracting on my own; the contractions just aren't doing much.) So that it our plan! We will spend tonight in the hospital and they'll use a mechanical catheter device to get the cervix ready for tomorrow morning when they'll break my water and start the pitocin. And hopefully not long after that we'll have our baby boy!!

Even after all this crazy waiting and waiting and waiting it still is kind of surreal that this is actually happening. Somehow the thought never crossed my mind that I could wait a whole week for him to come and then be induced, but here we are, and I am incredibly ready to get him out of there! I'm a little nervous (pretty sure that's normal) but I trust my doctor and feel confident that everything will be fine. I'm just trying to focus on the end result: having my little guy here. No matter how things go, it will all be worth it!

So wish me luck. We've heard that the hospital doesn't allow internet access to blogger, so we'll see when we can post the news (relax - email and texting will also be utilized). I am so scared/excited/overwhelmed/happy!!! We just can't wait to finally be able to see and hold our sweet baby and welcome him to this crazy world. :)

14 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

Hooray! I have been thinking about you, but didn't want to harass you for updates. that is exciting to know he will be here soon! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Does that mean Dr. Hunter will get to deliver you?!

Nate and Lori said...

I cant wait to welcome this sweet little guy to the world either! And I will designate myself as your surrogate blogger if you need one. Hooray for 01/26/10!

adventure knitter said...

good luck tomorrow! Dr. Hunter is the BEST! You'll do fantastic! I feel your pain with being a week overdue....that's how I was with Meg. Can't wait to see pics!

Sheryl said...

YAY!! Tomorrow is the day no matter what. I am so excited for you. I am sure your emotions and nerves are crazy. You'll be in our prayers--I am sure things will go well.

Summer said...

Good Luck Lindsey! Can't wait to se pictures of the little man. I'll be thinking about you. :)

Joe, D.D.S. said...

Lindsey, I got your back. You'll make it. I think the little guy was waiting till I was ready. I hope this means I'm ready. Love you.

Liz said...

I think about you all day and wonder how your doing/feeling and I am so happy for you and I know it will all work out, just hang in there. We are excited to hear the news and we be anxiously waiting! You will do great! We all love you!

Robin said...

This is all very exciting! I can't wait to hear the story and see the pictures! I'm so excited for you both! Good luck, I know you'll do great!!!!

Christie said...

I still love watching the slide show of wedding pictures . . . such a happy couple then and now, oh my ...what a happy couple you will be as you hold him for the first time and see what your love has created! SO excited!

scarlett said...

All our thoughts are with you! This is such a perfect time for all of this to be happening to you- You've waited a long time, been together through so much, and now the most amazing thing that can happen to a person is coming into your lives! I'm so happy for you!

Kim said...

Good luck with everything Lindsey! You're in our prayers.

Cathi said...

Yay! Hopefully you are now well on your way to getting Max out. We hope everything goes smoothly and look forward to some pictures.

AJ said...

You'll do great! Good luck guys.

Kirsten Krason said...

I was induced and it was so weird to go to the hospital without a baby and come home with one. I can't wait till he is here. Soak it all in. My baby was born on August 26 so they will be exactly 5 months apart!