Click here for an interesting article from Time Magazine: The Growing Backlash Against Overparenting. My mom sent it to me, and I am putting it on my blog so I can find it in the future when I am tempted to sign our little guy up for eight extra-curricular activities while he's in kindergarten and help him with all his homework. Of course we want to give him many opportunities to have fun and find his passions in life (is 6 sports too many??), and I would never refuse homework help when needed (when can we start calculus?!). But I hope I can get my over-achiever, OCD tendencies to move to the backburner when it comes to parenting. I just want to lighten up a little and let him be a carefree, happy kid! Seriously, I can't wait to be his mom, and for Joe to be his Dad. What an adventure!!! Little boy, we are ready!! (Almost.)
12 years ago


5 comments:
Little boy, we aren't ready. We don't even have wipes to clean up your diaper mess yet. Please wait 6 or 7 more weeks.
Reese is ready for her cousin! Of course we dont want him to come until he is ready and full grown. Also, you guys need to have your babymoon...believe me, you won't regret it.
I loved this article. Its all so true.
Okay--love, love, love the article. It was so interesting to me. Thanks for sharing! I am excited to meet your little boy when you and he are ready for him to come out. I'm sure he will be here before you know it and your life will NEVER be the same (in a good way).
And in a bad way.
LOL--a little true, but mostly in a good way :)
Post a Comment