Thursday was Lori's birthday. I had made an oreo cheesecake for the occasion and after a busy day downtown, Joe and I were awaiting the call to come on up for cake & presents. When it came, Nate mentioned that Lori had been having contractions all day, but wasn't ready for the hospital yet - so we hurried up to get the party started.
When we got there everyone was helping Lori time her contractions and wondering what the heck 8 minutes apart could mean!! We enjoyed the cake and then I went with Nate & Lori on a walk around the neighborhood to see if she could get things moving. By then it was pretty obvious that Lori & her baby wouldn't be sharing a birthday (thank goodness) but why not have her come on out the next day?? The walk seemed to work. When we got back I went through the book on labor and delivery and reminded Lori of everything that was and would be happening to her, while she laid on the couch in pain. After we left, things really got going so to our surprise we soon had a text message letting us know they were on their way to the hospital!! I couldn't believe that I was just going to go to bed like normal while Lori was going to go have her baby. So crazy!!
Little Reese was born at 6:15 the next morning and things went perfectly (minus all the stuff that pretty much every woman has to go through, like it or not). We couldn't have been happier! That night Joe & I went to the hospital to meet our new niece. She was just as precious as can be! Joe LOVES holding her and of course so do I.





6 comments:
I am so jealous! I want to hold little Reese! She is so cute, and so is your prego belly Linds! You are still so tiny!
Congrats on your new niece and new little one to come. That is so exciting. I'll look forward to seeing his pictures in a few more months!
I'm jealous too! I'll be there in less than a week! I am so so so excited to see all of you guys and with so many wonderful things going on! Babies! Bellies! awwww......
Yeah, she's pretty much the cutest little baby that I've ever seen. I think all parents feel that way. The next few months are going to be so exciting for both of us.
Thanks for sharing . . It must be exciting to watch this whole experience knowing that you will be doing it shortly. I'm excited and happy for you!!
Looks so fun! you guys are such a cute fan family! :) Bet ya can't wait for yours huh?
Post a Comment