So! I survived the bar (
barely!) and the very next day flew to Utah to party with my family for a week and a half (Joe was there for the first few days but had to get back to work). More on that later. As for the highlight of today?? Cutting the cake!! Our friends James & Amy have a fun tradition of making a cake for expecting couples, half pink and half blue (and frosted so you can't tell which is which), and then performing a little ceremony to determine the baby's gender. The guy spins the cake, and the girl makes the cut. Very rarely has the cake been wrong, so we approached the night with close to the same anticipation as we'll be approaching our ultrasound on Friday (yes, less than 2 days from now)!!

Joe and I have been thinking boy all along. I'm not sure if it's intuition or just wishful thinking. When I made the cut, things looked good from this side of the cake ...

But it turns out we cut a piece that was half pink and half blue! However - the initial cut was in the pink half, so that is what we are going with.

Right now I'm just not sure what to think! We are so excited for Friday when we'll get to say hi to our little one. I'm only about 17 1/2 weeks along, but apparently my doctor does the main ultrasound at 18 weeks instead of the typical 20. Nice!

But first, we want to hear what you guys think!! Boy or girl?? Does the cake know what it's talking about? Do Joe and I have a clue? Ahhhh!!! :)
20 comments:
Hmmm...maybe there's a little girl waiting who just wants ME for her Grosi! You've had me convinced that it was a little guy, so now I'm really confused. Hope he/she is in an exhibitionist mood on Friday!
That is such a great idea. I'm going to do that for our next baby. I'm guessing boy!
I think boy. On a side note, I like Joe's shirt.
Oh my gosh - you are so tiny!! I am so excited for Friday. Please post the news asap! I still can't believe you are preggo - this is so great!!
well, umm it could mean twins! boy and girl!!
I don't know if that is what you wanted to hear.
Deborah T
So exciting you guys! I wondered if you would start your family soon. Congratulations. Can't wait to hear if the cake is right. Hope you are feeling well.
Hmmm....this is interesting indeed! The cake is always right. At least it seems to be right for everyone who tries it. So, I am going to have to say you are having twins! hahaha. Just joking. I was thinking boy before the cake, but now i just don't know! I can't wait to hear your announcement on Friday! Hope little boy or girl Dastrup cooperates! I am dying to know what you're having!
Can't wait for baby girl to get here. :)
Maybe she'll just be a tom-boy. ;)
I'm going with twins! I'm so glad you're going to Dr. Hunter!! Isn't she the best?! Can't wait to hear what you're having!
oh I'm so excited! I'm totally stealing the cake idea, so cute! My guess is.....hmmm..... Girl:)
This isn't the first ultrasound people. There is only one child in the womb. The child will be a boy....but in the case of a girl, the child will be as Adrienne suggested, a tom boy.
What's wrong with girl babies? They are way more fun to shop for and they cuddle. Maybe boy babies cuddle too.
Regardless of gender, much congrats again, we're thrilled for you guys!
And wasn't the cake wrong for Lori?
BOY all the way! We love boys.
I've been thinking girl all along, but maybe you'll have the first boy on your side, Linds? (I've noticed girls come in threes) Can't wait to find out; I'm so excited for you!
A boy. But for selfish reasons... he can be friends with Weston. Good luck!
We're voting boy, but that's because we're partial. We're excited to see what the ultrasound says!
I'm never good at guessing gender. I'll say boy because that's what we had first. I also agree with Lori's friend Shireen the cake was incorrect for Lori?. You probably already know by now, but I don't & I can't wait to hear.
I guessed boy all the way.
Post a Comment