Sunday, August 23, 2009

A shower for Lori :)

I always knew this day would come ... but somehow I can't believe it really did!! Yesterday I threw a baby shower for my wonderful sister-in-law Lori. When she moved out to Maryland 2 years ago we imagined (on occasion ... although it certainly wasn't a big focus at the time) someday having babies together and even throwing showers for each other. But now that we are both pregnant and Lori is about to have her baby, it just doesn't even seem real. However, I and many others are so excited for baby "Chile" to arrive, so we teamed up to put together a delightful shower and make sure the little girl won't go naked, bow-less, flower-less, or bracelet-less, EVER. I have seen the little one's closet and I am not at all worried!!

This was the invitation ...
And here's a shot of the mostly-eaten spread. I was too distracted to take pictures of most of the decorations and such, but that's okay. I have never thrown a baby shower before and I was just happy that with some great help everything came together. :)
Of course, the gift table ...
A cute little clothes line decoration I put together :)

My biggest relief was that the group somehow fit in my front room without too much trouble. Of course there are more of us behind the photographer on stools and the stair landing.
Here is the little coat I got Chile for this winter. I just can't wait to have her all bundled up when we go cut down a Christmas tree for Lori & Nate (we are doing that again, right??)
And finally, here is a shot of the pregos. A bunch of girls recently had babies, but I think after Lori I'm up next! Sooo crazy.
This picture is a little more awkward but it shows my bump a little better. I guess I need to wear a tighter shirt to show of the huge-ness, but it's there. My pants are getting tight and I'm starting to feel him more and more. :)
So ... in just about 3 weeks or so I'll have a new, sweet little niece! Good luck, Lori. I'll be here whenever you need me, but you're going to have to be the pioneer out of the two of us. Here's to Lori, Nate, & Baby "Chile"!! We love you. :)

12 comments:

Christie said...

So fun that you and Lori have already shared so much and will continue to do so...and I'm happy that your first shower went well! I do like the clothesline...good idea Lizzy!

The Skinners said...

OH my goodness! Lindsey you did a wonderful job. I am so sad I wasnt there. You too look so cute. I cant believe your little belly. It is so adorable.

loves
hannah

Kirsten Krason said...

You look so cute and it looks like you threw a great shower!

Liz said...

You did a great job, it looks adorable! And you look adorable too, I love seeing baby belly pic's and I am so happy for a boy, yea!

Parkinson Family said...

Such a darling shower! Great job! The food table was amazing! Love that pink winter jacket!

Rachel said...

That baby shower invite was classier than my wedding invite!!

Everything looked perfect, and I am so excited for you and your prego-ness!

Are you going to be able to come see me before the baby is born? :)

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

What a great shower! I'm sad I missed it! The food looks tasty and you and Lori both look adorable. I can't wait to see you in November and check out your belly then!

Nathan said...

I enjoyed going thru all of the loot! Thanks for making it such a special event for Lori. We cannot wait to put all of the great gifts to good use.

p.s. I wish I would have snuck in to eat more of the food.

Sheryl said...

It was really fun Lindsey--good job!

Franchesca said...

You are so sweet! I wish you guys lived closer!

Anonymous said...

Awwww Lindsey, everything looked so so cute! And you two are the cutest pregnant ladies in the world...or will be for about 10 more years when I'm pregnant :) haha kidding, love you girl!

-meesh

scarlett said...

If I'm completely honest, I've gotta admit that I am so jealous that you get to have babies with Lori! If I didn't love you so much, I would have to be bitter at you...but I'm so happy that you are both so lucky. You look so glowing. I love it. I wish I were there!