Yes, Joe has dubbed 2009 as the "Year of Years." There are many reasons why we think this is so which I won't bother to enumerate, but the fact that we are both finally graduating after 19 and 20 years of school is definitely one of those reasons. :) We kicked off the New Year by clanking champagne glasses and downing some sparkling water at a fantastic restaurant downtown - with Nate & Lori, of course.


The restaurant was French, so we made our reservation for 10:30 in true French style (sadly Joe wouldn't let me order snails, so I couldn't enjoy the true French experience...why do I still listen to him??). We had just finished ordering dessert when the countdown began and we got to have the traditional kiss during those few important seconds when the ball drops. No, the kiss wasn't on the cheek, but Nate & Lori were too busy smooching to document the actual thing - plus I might not post that on my blog.

Happy New Year! 2009 is going to be great!!
4 comments:
That is pretty awesome for you guys to be graduating together this year!!! That definitely deserves the title "Year of Years"
You two look great! Happy Year of Years New Year to you!
Linds, we enter the year of years and get two comments? We don't care though do we? All we've known since we've known each other is school, both of us and it's only gotten harder, but hopefully this craziness will pay off soon. I look forward to living this year with you and hope mainly for health, but also for a little fun. Way for the Cards to start it off.
Joe-you are so funny!
It looks like New Year's Eve was super fun for you guys at a fancy restaurant! I've never really had a crazy night on the town for New Year's...one of these times we'll celebrate the countdown in style! I'm glad you're staying close for 2009!
Post a Comment