So then I was hyperventilating for about 15 minutes, trying to call my mom for some assistance in calming down, and just plain trying to cope with this sanity-suspending terror called arachnophobia. I eventually cleaned up the guts, cleaned off Joe's shoe, and even made my way into the scary unfinished laundry room to change the laundry (I know I didn't find the spider there but it is like a spider breeding ground and my phobia was on edge at the moment). When my mom called I had to tell her the story and relive the utter terror all over again while she laughed and laughed at me. And now, here I am again reliving the horror of this terrible episode for no apparent reason except to entertain my blog readers. I am telling you, my throat is closing up and I am shaking. NO JOKE. I am soooo scared!!! Tears are forming. I need to leave and go calm down somehow. If I have to see another spider that size before Joe comes home I think I will die. I talked to him today on gchat and he promised to spray for bugs when he got back. Thank goodness! P.S. If you leave a comment, please make sure it is constructive given the situation. The last thing I need is more horrific stories for me to lose sleep over (like my mom telling me that she had a spider in the shower with her recently). Ahhhh!!


15 comments:
Ha..Ha..Ha..Haa...Haaaaa...Haaaaa. I'm laughing again! I usually CAN NOT believe I have raised a daughter with arachnophobia. Does anyone else find it slightly amusing that when she announced 'the worst thing ever', I guessed that it was spider related? And....did I mention that when she was in HS I heard her screaming downstairs and IGNORED her...assuming that it was spider related and not from the fact that she had just had a bike wreck with broken teeth? Ah Lindsey....I love you so.
Ha ha! Oh how I miss your drama. :) You are too funny.
His friends and family know what you did and will be coming for you...
I am so sorry Lindsey. You poor thing! Way to be so brave. If you need me to, I can come kill any others you may see while Joe is gone. (Although I may bring Clark along...)It's only fair...seeing how I AM your visiting teacher :)
I hear you, Lindsay, I hate spiders and bugs. In the past, I have been known to cover them with jars or bowls and then waited for Brett to come home. Why is it that a perfectly competant woman who can do nearly everything for herself is afraid of spiders? I'm not quite over the edge about them like you are, but I do feel your pain... good luck until Joe comes back. Keep your bug zapper close by.
Worst thing ever...given the present circumstances, I assumed that the post would be about the fact that you haven't seen Joe for 2 weeks, your broken car, the family drama, or something like that. Nope. I'm proud of you for being so brave though and killing it. I'm sure that Joe won't lose too much sleep over the spider guts on his shoe.
OH Lindsey, I'm sorry. I would think you were joking about this, but I have been there with you when such a spider was present. Just call me next time, and I'll be over in a jiffy!!
Ryan likes to use the vacuum to get the bugs he's too afraid to kill (yes, there are bugs Ryan is too afraid to kill). It's still kind of scary, but like the bug zapper it doesn't leave a squished mess.
I feel your pain. But I just hate all bugs in general. If I had been there I would have been screaming right along with you.
Look how beautiful your floor is - even covered in spider guts!
oh lindsey... I could tell you a thing or two about spiders... and can also tell you a thing or two about hyperventilating. You probably dont care about hyperventilating but about them spiders.... let me know if you want to low down on those buggers!
My sandal!
dan and steph facebook chatted last night.
You are so funny Lindsey! Your bug zapper sounds totally awesome. Your mom sounds really funny! I would have freaked out too. When we lived in Provo I saw a huge brown spider on our couch. I got all my courage and put a yogurt cup over it and then chucked the empty yogurt cup out the front door. It remained on the lawn until Jared got home. I honestly never sat on that couch again before we gave it away. :)
I hope for your sake that AJ is wrong. I don't think the spider's friends and family have a clue where the little spider went--there are so many spiders born at once. How can they keep track? Sleep tight and don't think of the spiders--dream of picking raspberries.
Post a Comment