Friday, September 5, 2008

Our great weekend

I guess I'd better hurry up and post about Labor Day weekend because by now it seems like it was forever ago! Must have been a long week. Anyway, Joe and I were debating where to go and what to do for the weekend but since our remodeled house is still kind of like new to us and we just wanted some relaxing time together we decided to stick around. We had a lot of fun and I truly felt relaxed! What a miracle. ;)

For an ambitious Saturday morning activity we decided to go for a bike ride on the NCR trail. My dad bought me a brand new beautiful bike a few weeks ago when he was here and it was time to put her to the test. Even though our honeymoon mountain biking experience didn't go so well for me, Joe was convinced that biking together could be a new fun hobby for us. Was he right??
Yes!! We had a great time. Here is a picture that shows off my bike and also displays half of our total mileage for the day ... we biked to mile marker 12 and back for a total of 24 miles - by far the longest bike ride I have ever gone on. Luckily for me it was pretty flat the whole time ... but still not easy. I was worried that even though it was hard for me Joe might be getting bored ... but it turns out he had a great time, too. Also, the scenery was beautiful!

24 miles seemed to be a good amount because it pushed me without killing me. It is kind of hard to decide when you think you are at a good halfway point, but 12 is my very favorite number so that made it easy. The worst part about the ride was that me AND my bike got really dirty. Yuck. Luckily we each got a shower.

When we got home Joe and I basically collapsed on the couch for a few hours before going out to eat at a Japanese steakhouse, which was delicious. We also finished season 1 of 24 and I hate, hate, HATED it. Just the ending. I was devastated for about 3 days.

When Monday morning came around Joe lovingly agreed to drive 35 minutes so we could go RASPBERRY PICKING at Larriland. I love, love, LOVED it. Basically I am (have always been) obsessed with raspberries! We bought 5 pounds (the minimum you have to buy to get the cheaper price) ... and it was alot of work to pick that many raspberries in the hot morning sun. Especially when you keep putting them in your mouth.

Joe was such a good picker! Joe is not such a raspberry fan but how could he deny me my little slice of heaven?? He couldn't.
Thanks to this girl, all the raspberries have somehow disappeared. She DID share, though.

11 comments:

Sheryl said...

We have not been to NCR trail yet. It looks like fun. We'll have to take the bikes and our baby bike trailer and go one of these weekends. I am impressed that you did twenty-four miles.

Nate and Lori said...

although it would have been fun to have you, i'm glad that you were able to enjoy Hotel Dastrup and get some much needed one-on-one. you are definitely my new hero for biking 24 miles.

clark larson said...

I am very impressed with your weekend festivities! I am glad you were able to relax- you def needed it! I am impressed you guys are bikers! We should go one a bike ride together sometime- that would be fun! And way to go with picking 5 lbs of raspberries! We haven't ever picked any raspberries from there. Every time we go it seems its the beginning or end of the season. So, way to go!

clark larson said...

That was actually from Liesel, not Clark :)

Christie said...

Glad to hear you using the word 'relax' in the same sentence as the name Lindsey....for the record I would like to get some credit for the STRONG encouragement I gave to dad that a bike would be a good idea. So glad it's working out. Also, I've checked out Rachel's new blog and her friend's mantra 'too blessed to be stressed'. I think that's better than 'seriously so blessed'...don't you think? :-)

Parkinson Family said...

Yummy raspberies! We love the NCR trail. I wish we went more often! Your bike is beautiful.

Becky said...

Nice wheels.

Anonymous said...

Nice rack, on the bike.

Kirsten Krason said...

Wow that is a long bike ride. We would like to get more into biking but we don't own bikes. Hence, the no biking. But you have inspired me and maybe I'll ask for some for Christmas.

Katie Claire said...

I miss my raspberry buddy!

Liz said...

Sounds like fun! We sure did miss you this summer in Utah. Wish we could visit or have you visit us! Maybe one day we will see each other again ):