Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Love that little Claire

In case you hadn't heard, Claire Christine has joined the family! She was born May 4 (induced, 5 days late) and tipped the scales at a crazy 9 lbs 7 oz. (We were SHOCKED!) And 20 inches long. Now it's hard to believe she's 11 days old. Fortunately she has been such a good baby so far. I'm so grateful! If I had another Max-type on my hands we would barely be hanging on right now. As it is, we're doing well (just tired ... obviously :). She does have day and night confused but that is the only little issue which I'm sure will work itself out eventually. We can't get enough of her and I for one am just so happy she's here, and so grateful that she's healthy. Here are a few pictures I snapped yesterday & today. 

Daddy loves his little girl! 


 Isn't she beautiful??!


Max really loves his sister, I think. He is always eager to see her and touch her softly and give her kisses. For the first week I barely saw him since he spent a lot of time with grandparents, which was a huge help. But I am happy (although kind of exhausted) to have a lot more time with him again now. Claire is a pretty great sleeper during the day so that helps. Otherwise, we'll just keep figuring out this 2 kid thing one day at a time!

As for my little princess, she easily found her spot in my heart. I didn't know how it would be to love two kids after loving my Max so so much, but it turns out it is effortless. She is so so sweet and I am so happy she's my daughter. I love that little Claire!

7 comments:

Tristina said...

She is so beautiful!! Welcome to the 9+ pound baby club!

You will be a pro at the 2 kid thing in no time. Enjoy the newborn stage!!

adventure knitter said...

she's so sweet! i need your address...i have something to send you...

Nate and Lori said...

I love that little Claire too and cant believe I haven't seen her yet. I LOVE these new pictures. She's so cute and looking all dainty now. And I actually think that she is looking like Max now. I love all of her adorable outfits too.

I love the 1st pic with her staring right at Joe too. Too sweet!

Franchesca said...

Beautiful!! I wish we could have been there to see her. Joe looks so happy as he is holding her. She looks very similar to max. I'm so happy for your family.

Adrienne R. said...

You'll get used to 2 kids in no time. She looks like Max for sure. Congrats!

Shelly Moon said...

Claire is such a cute name for a cute girl! I'm so glad things went well and you both are healthy! I can't believe she was 5 days late and so big!! Good for you!!
Your family is adorable!

Heidi & Scott Smith said...

So cute! That bow is just too much :)
Her and Max look like they are already two peas in a pod.