Monday, December 21, 2009

An Apple Shower for Us!

I am so behind on this blog! First things first - I need to share pictures from my adorable baby shower here in Maryland! My amazing sister-in-law Lori threw me a fabulous shower that had an apple theme to it (for Lindsey and the "apple of her eye"). It was so cute because it fit me so well. Green is definitely my color of choice when it comes to the little boy, and I am obsessed with apples and have eaten them like crazy during this pregnancy (usually 2 or 3 a day!). So it was perfect! Here I am with two of my most wonderful friends ... Lori and Tristina, who recently moved to North Carolina and flew up for the day just to be there!
The decorations were darling. Green apples everywhere, including ones that had been made into little candle holders, and a bright green tree with silver apple ornaments for the guests to take home.
And the food was delicious! Green salad with apples and other goodies, sliced apples with a fancy dip, a giant "It's a boy" chocolate chip cookie, sugar cookies decorated like green apples, apple cheesecake bars ...

... mini apple pie bites, mini chocolate cupcakes with green frosting, some apple crumb bars ...
... and some adorable mini caramel apple bites. It was quite the spread and it was all sooooo good. Just enough apple to balance out all the sweetness ;) Thanks to Lori, Tristina, Sheryl, Amy, Cathi, and Liesel for making it all!!
It was pretty crazy because along with my shower, Dec. 5 also brought the first snow storm of the season! It was pretty nasty out, but many wonderful friends still made it out to celebrate little boy Dastrup.

Of course I loved opening the many wonderful gifts we received! This little guy is going to be spitting up on the cutest stuff.
I also received lots of great baby books which I am so excited to read to my little boy (and I already have been!).

I can't believe how many wonderful friends I have out here who gave wonderful gifts and advice and are more than willing to help out when this baby comes. Thank you so much! It was also pretty cool that some of my closest friends who moved away after graduation last spring sent gifts for me to open at my shower. What a surprise!!
Finally, one last picture of 3 of the pregos at the shower (there was at least one more who hadn't announced just yet!). These two are having baby girls. Guess our little guy will have lots of lady friends! :)
By now we are getting close to being ready ... but we still aren't quite there yet. We've got 4 weeks to go, and are hoping he doesn't come more than a week early. And PLEASE don't come late ... the two of us can barely fit inside my skin anymore!

5 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

Uh, little boy actually wont have lots of girl friends because you are leaving. I'm sad. I don't want to talk about it.

Ugg to the super ugly pic of me. Glad that you didn't think the shower theme was weird.

Rachel said...

The posh baby showers in Baltimore are really giving me a complex. The baby showers that I throw are just plain ugly.

You are the cutest prego woman ever. Seriously EVER. You still look so skinny everywhere but your belly--even your face. When I am pregnant, I will be a blimp, I know it.

Christie said...

You are soo lucky to have such a wonderful sister-in-law! So great and I loved the theme!

scarlett said...

That is so cute! So fitting since you eat more apples than a horse! I do too...2-3 per day. (2 today) I soooo wish I could have been there! Lori did such a great job- big shocker. She could make a dirty diaper look cute, right?! Anyways, love you tons! We want to come out and help you when your little guy comes, so we'll see you soon! yaaay!!

Rachel said...

Lindsey! Congratulations! Seeing your post on facebook made me realize I thought I had noticed a link to your blog through Summer's, so I had to go check! Good luck with this little boy! I'm very excited for you!