While we were in Utah for Thanksgiving, the little boy and I were lucky enough to enjoy a fantastic shower hosted by my mom and attended by many wonderful friends. The shower had kind of a "nesting" theme and the decorations were really cute!


.jpg)
My mom made an adorable diaper cake complete with a little bird's nest on top. It was the first thing I saw when I walked in the door late Friday night (the night before the shower). So exciting!!! The hat and boots on top are darling and the bottom layer is filled with homemade burp cloths and adorable little outfits.

For brunch, we had fresh belgian waffles, lots of fresh berries, blueberry scones, and mini pumpkin muffins. Sooo delicious.


Lucky us - we were spoiled with so many great gifts, from blankets and clothes, to books and CDs. Here I'm admiring a super soft blanket made by my Grandma :)

And another one made by my mom. There were several more she made that I am just in love with!

All the little clothes were so much fun - honestly I was a bit surprised by how absolutely adorable they all were (I really haven't shopped much for the little guy yet!). This was a cozy little outfit from two of Joe's younger sisters, Michelle and Angelica.

And the shoes! I know he won't be wearing these until he's a bit older, but it is incredibly fun to imagine him running around in them! And of course my life will all of a sudden be consumed by chasing after him. I can hardly believe it :)

A sock monkey! SO cute.

The guests were sent home with cute "egg" magnets.

Sadly because everything was so crazy I didn't end up getting pictures with my guests. Here's one taken the next day with Joe's sisters and a possible future sister-in-law.

It was wonderful to be supported by so many family members and friends! Thanks to everyone's generosity, our little boy now has more clothes than Joe does! Haha.
8 comments:
WOW. It looks so cute and fun. Your mom did a great job.
Adorable decorations!
ADORABLE! I may take the feather the nest idea for the shower I am throwing in March - I love the decor and the favors are so cute!! Your mom is so creative!
aww, I wish I could've been there!
What a cute shower theme! Glad you were spoiled!
Oh I love it all! Your mom never ceases to amaze me.
Are you allowed to say future sister in law on your blog?
Reese has more clothing than I do too and I always want to buy her more when really I should be buying it for myself.
to possible future sister in law: Dan is cooler than you think he is. Just trust us on this one thing and embrace your new title.
SO cute! I am so jealous that we couldn't be there. I can't wait for you guys to move here so we can have a baby around. I hope you guys are doing well, we miss you so much!
Post a Comment