Ok so Lori may have used this post title to announce her pregnancy (YAY!!!) but in this context it means something quite different:
I am DONE with law school!! After three long, crazy years I am done. All the exams and papers that have been the focus of my life for so long are now in the past. I don't know who is happier for me to be done, me or Joe. Did we really ever think we'd actually be here???!? It is hard to believe. I finished on Wednesday night and the past few days have been wonderful! We've had a lot of things planned so there hasn't been a lot of sitting around time but it just feels so good for my mind to be free to think about normal, everyday things (like what to wear to graduation!) instead of being constantly forced to focus, focus, focus. Ok so now to the other news:
Joe is DONE with dental school!! What a relief for him. He has worked crazy hard as well and we are both so excited to be finishing together. In case you want to actually
see our excitement I've got this to prove it:

Lori found us these crazy 2009 sunglasses in honor of our upcoming big day (and said we should probably take a picture for the blog since it has been neglected for months). Yes it definitely has and I am so happy to say I am BAAAAACKK!!!

Here is a picture of me and my darling prego sister-in-law. I'm excited I get my life back in time to start helping her get ready for this new baby girl!! (Ok it's not really getting my life "back" but more like allowing myself to have a life outside of school. I'll definitely admit I'm the one who chose to devote myself to school all the time. But I love law school and sadly I just don't know another way to do it!)

Although I don't have many pictures of all the fun we've been having so far (going out to a celebration lunch, hitting up an awesome birthday party, spending time with great friends who will be moving away soon, playing soccer, and washing the car) I have a few random pictures taken on today's beautiful Sunday afternoon walk. We were playing a friendly game of catch which suddently seemed to get a little rough .... I think this picture is hilarious because Joe is coming at me full speed and the look on my face is like I'm terrified out of my mind or something - maybe about to break down into tears.

Evidently he didn't really have violent intentions because here I am smiling.

Then Caitlin (my sister-in-law-in-law, or something like that) came in for the tackle. Don't worry I got her back later on.

And last of all here we are looking tough. Maybe?

Ahhhhh it is so nice to sit on the couch and blog again. I am already starting to block out the sheer craziness that has been my life for the past few months and will be ready to go at it again in a few weeks!! Good thing because although I've just about got my J.D., I still have to pass the BAR in order to add "Esquire" to the end of my name. Oh joy! But I'm not worrying about that at all, I'm just thinking about these next couple of weeks and how fabulous they are going to be! I can't WAIT to hang out with my parents and in-laws who are coming into town soon. This kind of occasion calls for some serious party time!!!!! Life is great!
16 comments:
Wow! It's like a whole new Lindsey! Congrats on finishing school. We're so happy for you guys!
Congratulations guys! A great way to hit the half-way point of the "year of years."
hooray for graduating! and i'm glad you're back on the blog! we really need to plan some fun with you guys this summer!
How good it must feel to know that you actually do REMEMBER how to have fun! I've been waiting for the post law finals post, so I'm glad it's finally up. I'm sitting in the airport as I write this and I too am ready to P-A-R-T-Y!!! Love you both so much.
CONGRATULATIONS LINDS!!! What an accomplishment. You're amazing.
Congratulations to both of you!! What a big accomplishment!
Love,
The Coles (Ken, Karen, Brenn, Dallin and Logan)
Congrats!! I'm excited for you guys. I actually devoted about 2 minutes trying to figure out exactly what you would call your relation to Caitlin...(sister-in-law's-in-law?)but I gave up.
Have a great time celebrating!!
Hooray! Congrats to both of you! It's wonderful to be able to have a little free time fun!
CONGRATSS!!!! When are you going to come see us to celebrate??!!
Congrats on being done to both of you!!!! I think that is awesome that you are graduating the same year. Wahoo! It is so fun to see you all smiles every time I see you now Lindsey!
Yeah seriously what is our relation? I'm good with sis-in-law if you are. But on a more serious note, way to try and trick me when I had only read the title! Congrats you two it has been fun these past few days playing around with you. It only makes me more excited for more great times to come.
YAY we are excited for you to be done with school--good for you both!
Congratulations to you both!
Woo Hoo!!!!! Good job guys! You look really happy in these pictures. We are proud of you and all your hard work. YAY!!!
CONGRATS you guys!! What a fun time of life. We are so excited for both of you... now the question is, which one is harder.. Dental or Law school? Remember that fight? :)
if there is anyone that is excited to have you back, its definitely me. We're so proud of you both for finishing and can't wait for all of the fun to begin.
Oh, and Nate is still asking if maybe the title "The Day Has Finally Come" might mean that you are pregnant... that kid has high hopes for you.
Post a Comment