Boy has it been a busy week! Crab feasts, dinner receptions, happy hours ... I tell you they have me working way too hard! Actually I do work pretty hard during the day. You know, I've got hours to bill. But luckily this week I have been able to leave by six and then go have some fun! It is fun to get to know people at the firm better and to enjoy some good food ... but it does make for a crazy schedule!
Anyway, on Friday night Joe and I were lucky enough to get to go on a little adventure with the other summer associates and their guests (yes, I am the only married one ... although I am also one of the youngest) - touring Baltimore on a segway!!!
Okay so I wasn't really nervous about it until the guy started explaining what to do ... he made it sound so complicated! I was scared. Then when I got on, I started freaking out - I felt so wobbly! Joe was thinking oh no WHAT am I going to do with her on an hour long tour? Then they realized that my segway (generation 2 - so much cooler than the first generation!) was not set to "turtle" mode. So they fixed that and it made it a lot easier to ride. Pretty soon I had the hang if it!
The tour was SO much fun!! We went around harbor east and around federal hill - which is a really cute, fun area that Joe and I had never really been to before (although I hear about it all the time because a lot of people go out to bars there). Even though it was a pretty warm and humid day, we had a lovely breeze by the water ... so pretty much the weather was perfect! Once we had been riding for a little while and had gotten the hang of it, we all went OFF of turtle mode. This meant we could speed up to an impressive 12 MPH instead of a measly 8. It seriously was awesome. If you go too fast, the segway handle bar pushes you back - it is a weird feeling. I can see how you could get a little out of control. But luckily we had no accidents! Although my wheels did run into a few things, like restaurant signs and bushes. It is easy to forget that the segway is significantly wider than you are.
Joe had a good time as well. There are only a few pictures of him because he was the camera man ... I don't think he trusted me with a camera and a segway at the same time.
Here I am showing off no hands. You laugh, but it is a very dangerous move, and you should not try is unless you are experienced and extremely daring.
Here we are nearing the end of our tour, after leaving Little Italy. You know what? Your feet and legs get really tired after a while! I guess you are using muscles to balance that you aren't used to using all the time. Anyway, at the end they give you a special card which says "I've got segsy legs" to show that you are now an expert (they say they are quite judicious about giving them out - you have prove your skills) which means you can rent a segway and go around without a guide. Sweet!
So it was definitely a good time. If anyone is interested in doing it (like when family comes to town ... I'm guessing it could be a little pricey!) then you should definitely look into it! It is called Segs in the City and is located at the corner of Washington and Fleet. They also have similar tours in Annapolis and DC! What do you think, Mom - want to go??
Anyway, on Friday night Joe and I were lucky enough to get to go on a little adventure with the other summer associates and their guests (yes, I am the only married one ... although I am also one of the youngest) - touring Baltimore on a segway!!!
Okay so I wasn't really nervous about it until the guy started explaining what to do ... he made it sound so complicated! I was scared. Then when I got on, I started freaking out - I felt so wobbly! Joe was thinking oh no WHAT am I going to do with her on an hour long tour? Then they realized that my segway (generation 2 - so much cooler than the first generation!) was not set to "turtle" mode. So they fixed that and it made it a lot easier to ride. Pretty soon I had the hang if it!
The tour was SO much fun!! We went around harbor east and around federal hill - which is a really cute, fun area that Joe and I had never really been to before (although I hear about it all the time because a lot of people go out to bars there). Even though it was a pretty warm and humid day, we had a lovely breeze by the water ... so pretty much the weather was perfect! Once we had been riding for a little while and had gotten the hang of it, we all went OFF of turtle mode. This meant we could speed up to an impressive 12 MPH instead of a measly 8. It seriously was awesome. If you go too fast, the segway handle bar pushes you back - it is a weird feeling. I can see how you could get a little out of control. But luckily we had no accidents! Although my wheels did run into a few things, like restaurant signs and bushes. It is easy to forget that the segway is significantly wider than you are.
Joe had a good time as well. There are only a few pictures of him because he was the camera man ... I don't think he trusted me with a camera and a segway at the same time.
Here I am showing off no hands. You laugh, but it is a very dangerous move, and you should not try is unless you are experienced and extremely daring.
Here we are nearing the end of our tour, after leaving Little Italy. You know what? Your feet and legs get really tired after a while! I guess you are using muscles to balance that you aren't used to using all the time. Anyway, at the end they give you a special card which says "I've got segsy legs" to show that you are now an expert (they say they are quite judicious about giving them out - you have prove your skills) which means you can rent a segway and go around without a guide. Sweet!So it was definitely a good time. If anyone is interested in doing it (like when family comes to town ... I'm guessing it could be a little pricey!) then you should definitely look into it! It is called Segs in the City and is located at the corner of Washington and Fleet. They also have similar tours in Annapolis and DC! What do you think, Mom - want to go??


10 comments:
That looks AWESOME!! I totally want to do it. DC would be great! Thanks for the info. I'll have to remember that. Segs and the City...clever name.
I'm up for just about anything legal, moral and that won't kill me...so this looks like such fun. I'm still not sure I could learn quite that quickly, what do you think?
I'll say Lindsey was awesome on the little segway. I was very worried at first and was certain to witness a faceplant or some sort of unconceivable accident, but the girl was quick to adapt and exceeded my expectations. It was a blast.
That has got to be the best way to see the city. We'll have to do it sometime soon...what a great idea! I'm impressed by your no-hands pic. I'm not sure I could pull it off. :)
SO jealous! We will have to do that when Nate's parents come out here this summer. I see a guy on my way to work each morning that drives one of these to work. Maybe you could just get one of thse when you graduate? And strap and baby that you might have onto your back in a sling. What do you think?
I love the matching helmets... Looks like tons of fun, and Lindsay, I'm impressed with your mad skillzzzz...
Looks like you guys had a really fun time! I love segways and think they're a blast too. Now, if I owned one that'd be better. :)
That looks like so much fun! I would love to try that sometime, except it does not look like you can add a car seat to it... um maybe some invention to consider???
K, that looks way too fun...I saw those things in the movie Iron Man and wanted to look into them. I will be checking out the pricing on them asap...maybe get a couple for here in Utah!
Sounds like fun! For sure I would have embarrassed James to tears. Guaranteed if I didn't damage myself badly I would have damaged that little segway running into all sorts of things and people no doubt! :)
Post a Comment