So I used to be such a soccer player. Only that was a
long time ago. So long ago that I was a little nervous about our friendly firm soccer game and was not going to be disappointed if I ended up being just a cheerleader. However ... there was not a huge crowd, so everyone ended up playing the whole time. And it was super fun!!! I wouldn't say I did that great, but at least everyone could tell I used to be a soccer player! That is something, right?

Also, I even got a bloody injury to show for it. It was just my hand though ... not sure how it happened, I think I ran into somebody with something sharp like a ring. I got home and Joe asked me if I cried and I was able to proudly report that no, I did not. Puh-leeez. However all week I have been reopening the wound (I can't seem to get new bandaid on fast enough when one falls off) so that is kind of annoying.

Here I am headed for the ball! I will have to get out and play again soon. Although I liked playing with the firm better than when I have played a couple of times with others because there were no expectations. Otherwise I am trying to prove to Joe that I do not suck, and usually I fail at that. :) I just need some practice!
7 comments:
Nice job! Did I ever tell you that in my first soccer game I got a yellow card??? Not for anything cool though. Illegal substitution. How lame. Nate was proud though. We really should get together and play sometime. You probably already know that when you play with me, you will never be the worst one.
How cool! I am very impressed! I didn't know you used to play soccer...but you sure do look the part!
Sweet Lindsey! You are tough. Joe knows it too, he is just scared.
i dint know that you played soccer. i love the sport! i played club forever and played 2 years in highschool. my brother also played. we should get together and play. i dont know how well i acutally do, i havent played in forever.
Ha Ha. I also think it's funny I used to play soccer when I am completely hopeless now. But I still tell people I used to play just so they think I am semi-athletic.
That last picture looks like your going to head the ball. That would really show off your sweet skills.
NEW POST PLEASE!!!
Post a Comment