Monday, May 26, 2008

An Anniversary of Sorts ...

Well, it's not really the anniversary of anything, it just happens to be Memorial Day again. This got me thinking back to last Memorial Day! That was the day we sent the Millers (Nate & Lori) packing (back to AZ) after they had been out here for a few days looking for a place to live. Over the next couple months they would pack up their stuff and head out to join us on the East Coast. At the time we were excited for them to move here and knew we'd have lots of fun, but we did not know just how great it would be to have them so close by.

So much has happened since last May. At times Lori & Nate did not like all the changes. For example - going from a brand new, beautifully finished and decorated house to one they partially tore apart and are in the process of putting back together. Going from Brett & Shireen (who are super fun and fixed them ribs and orange rolls all the time) to me & Joe (we're a little fun, but we don't cook that well and sometimes we (I) go into hiding for weeks at a time). Also they had to leave many other friends and family, as well as the nice AZ winters and experience the long, depressing winter many of you reading this blog may associate with Maryland.
But anyway, I am glad they decided to come. I don't know when Lori and I would have had the chance to become such good friends if they didn't! We are totally in the same stage of life and we can complain, laugh, and wish for many of the same things. I can also tell her funny secrets that otherwise I would have to just keep to myself. Nate and Joe can also both relate to the joys and pains of dental school, fixing up our houses (which they love to do), and wishing for things like boats and wakeboarding. So thanks for coming to MD you two! I promise it is way better than Buffalo or that city of the much-hated Spurs.

3 comments:

Christie said...

Nice post because I am really glad they are there with you. You will always look back on these special years together!

Nate and Lori said...

AHHHH!!! I was so shocked to see a post that was all about us!!! We love having you guys so close. Even though I think you have things a little rougher than I in some aspects, it is so wonderful to have a sister so close by that understands me so well. Thanks for the shout out!!!

Nathan said...

The whole post is true except for the whole...they love to do house projects! I have learned to appreciate not moving into a project house. I love being here and I am sure looking forward to you both living here for the two years after school to keep us company.