Saturday, March 15, 2008

More Cookies than we bargained for ....

Okay you seriously have to hear the funniest story EVER!!! So tonight (after a long day of doing NOTHING but work on a paper due on Monday) we had a barbeque with Lori and Nate and afterward Joe announced he wanted some chocolate chip cookies. So we whipped some up with a Betty Crocker mix my mom sent us (everyone helped), preheated the oven, and got ready to stick in the cookies. We opened the oven, and HOLY COW, there were already cookies in there, perfectly baked!! (Well, a tiny bit crispy). We just stared at them dumbfounded for a minute and then were like, okay, who put in the first batch???? Well no one had. We were a little confused. So GUESS WHAT ... the cookies were there from 3 WEEKS AGO when my mom had baked them for us on her last night here!! We totally cracked up for like 5 whole minutes. So basically, we somehow forgot about our last batch of cookies. And also, we obviously haven't opened our oven once in the last 3 weeks (we eat a lot of cold cereal). The funny thing is that Joe was all mad because he had come home from school the day after my mom left and been mad that I had finished off all the cookies. If only he had known to look in the oven!!!
So needless to say, we tried the cookies. And they weren't half bad. Although we decided to mostly just eat the fresh ones.
Nate thinks that maybe the cookies will be good if we crumble them up in a bowl and pour milk over them, like cookie crisp cereal. What do you think?? Are we crazy or what???!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh... I'm so jealous! I wish I had a magic oven....or someone to cook me cookies.

Twice baked cookies... yum could be the next big thing! :0)

Joe, D.D.S. said...

I like how you used the question mark in your post. You are becoming more like someone else we know aren't you???

Nate and Lori said...

Hope you enjoyed the cookies Joe because you aint gettin any mo fo 2 months. Sorry about the baltimore accent there...i don't know what came over me.

Christie said...

Who knows what else I left hidden around your house? Love the reenactment...Joe, you are such a good sport!

Liz said...

Oh my, I am laughing so hard, I am crying.... I can just totally picture the entire thing! The entire thing is just silly... I can pic your mom forgetting them in there, I can pic you not opening your oven for 3 weeks, and I can pic Joe way upset that he didn't get on of those in the first place! Ha Ha Ha. Thanks for the laugh, needed that on this Monday.

Robin said...

That is so hilarious! Good job mom for not letting you guys forget about her once she's back in Utah!

Kristen said...

Okay, that is pretty funny!

Justin & Erin Linton Family said...

We LOVE the story!! That is so funny!! This is the first time we have seen your blog.. CUTE