Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy birthday little sis!!

I am so excited to be making this post! 16 years ago today was a great day - my favorite sister was born!! She was born at exactly 3:13 in the afternoon while I was at gymnastics. I was 8. Katherine Claire (I helped pick her middle name - Claire is my favorite name!) was a miracle baby and certainly the answer to many of my little-girl prayers. I wanted a sister so bad and now I could NOT imagine life without her! Katie has always been so much fun, and a great sport about everything! I must have thought it was so funny putting her in my tennis shoes ...
Katie was a crazy and hilarious little girl. She loved to be outside daydreaming and had an imaginary boyfriend named Charlie. And boy did she have curls!! To this day, she still has beautiful curls, is a great artist, and has such a fun personality. I know she is my "little sister" but I will always look up to her in so many ways! She is sweet, outgoing, kind, and always tries to do the right thing. Being a teenage girl is a lot of fun, but it can also be pretty hard, and Kate is doing great. It is really hard for me to be all the way across the country and miss a lot of these wonderful years. The times when we get to visit each other are priceless!

Another thing about Kate ... she has always been super creative! Over the years she has made me several adorable "best of sister" books which I treasure and look at quite often! Here are a couple of pages that are pretty cute:
Yes - we like to eat snow!! We also love to dance together, laugh together, and just be silly. Sisters are the best!! Katie does not like to shop quite as much as me yet but obviously that is not a bad thing. She loves to sing and is also a great skier and a great climber. Someday she will have to teach me all she knows about climbing and we can do lots of fun climbs together!Happy sweet sixteen, Katesy!! When I moved away you were just 13 and you have grown up so fast! I am so lucky to have you for my sister! Miss you. :)

5 comments:

Joe, D.D.S. said...

Happy Birthday Kate

Heather said...

Sorry, this comment is completely unrelated. Thank you for your comment and kind words. I don't know you but think we would be good friends and I admire you and Joe tackling school. Law school?! You are awesome and oh so cute.

Nate and Lori said...

Ah...you do a great birthday post! I will hand the torch over to you and you can tackle the entire Dastrup family. IT will feep you so busy that you may need to drop out of Law School. I loved seeing all of the cute pictures form when you were younger though!

Heather said...

Thanks for the clarification, feeling a bit sheepish and silly myself commenting and I really don't know you, but...good luck with life anyway!

Becky said...

This is such a sweet post. Makes me miss my sisters.